Meeting Minutes 2/25/2019

In attendance:  Kayla Moncur, Tiffany Reeves, Michelle Skaarup, Jennifer Higbee, Megan Lindley, Lyndsay Zappone, Brooke Cook, Meridith Tietz


** All IRS fines were totally dismissed and issue has been resolved!


** PTO will collect box tops weekly and do flat count for each room so superheroes can move.  Volunteers will just need to gather from workroom and prep for submission.  PTO will have this done by Thursday so that heroes can be moved every Friday.


** Kayla will work with Box Top coordinators to put together a list of "How-To" instructions for Box Tops.  Megan and Lyndsay volunteered to write up the instructions.


** Upcoming movie night will be April 5.  We will be watching Smallfoot.


** Josh Lee, student, volunteered to make and sell cotton candy and then donate proceeds to PTO.


** We will sell water bottles and candy at movie night.  Tiffany will talk to Papa Johns about being there to sell pizza.  Discussed giveaways - spirit shirts, cups, etc.  Lyndsay will put items together.


** Lyndsay presented Teacher Appreciation ideas

     - Thanks for helping our school "grow"

     - Our teachers are "stars"

     - Our teachers are "punderful"

     - There's no place like Zaharis

     - Our teachers are the best in the west


** Decision made to go with "Our Teachers Are 'Punderful'" - we will incorporate coffee truck, farmers market, etc.  Discussed getting supplies for the workroom for teacher appreciation.  Kayla will email coffee truck owner.  


** Gift ideas for teachers discussed:  staplers, gift cards, etc.


** Lyndsay will make a list of food items parents can donate for teacher's meal on appreciation week.


** Teachers workroom needs a new microwave.  Motion passed to purchase.


** Kayla will post on social re: Harkins tickets.  Parents can print form online or from kids.


** Discussed Six Flags Reading Program.  Decided to pass.


** Fundraiser - we will need a catalog of some sort and pep rally to get kids excited this coming year.  Discussed different options.


** Kayla will let teachers know that only the pink cans will be used for Box Tops.  Also, decided to offer incentive to teachers that they will get 10% of what their class brings in for Box Tops added to their teacher allotments.


** Oregano's Restaurant Night made $ 303.00.


** Smith/Przeor discussing combining fund run and turkey trot into one event next year.


** Discussed moving carnival next year to either spring or a Saturday vs. keeping at same time.  A lot of pros and cons to both.  Kayla will ask teachers their opinions. 


** Discussed having Father/Daughter dance and Mother/Son activity next year.


** Next meeting - Monday, March 25, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Kayla Moncur