Meeting Minutes 9/24/2018

** Welcome

          - all in attendance stated their desire to become members-at-large


** Treasury Report

          - Michelle needed to leave early for Girl Scouts, but will give a full treasury accounting at our next meeting

** Game Night Recap

          - The evening went well, and for being a Homecoming game weekend, had pretty good attendance

          - There were 86 raffle tickets collected, so at least that many children there

          - Next year we will try for a Thursday night to see if even better attended

          - Next year we also want to try and more evenly space the teachers, older grade teacher matched with a younger grade teacher etc --- some rooms were very full and others had a lot less

** AZED101

          - This is a meeting to learn where education funds are going and how they get collected and disbursed

          - PTO hands needed to set up and take down chairs

          - Should only last about an hour


** Restaurant Nights

          - 10/17 Panda Express

          - 11/14 MOD Pizza


** Conference Week Teacher Dinner

          - Afton Welker has offered to have food truck cover this - Kayla will follow up

          - Will be Thursday night 10/18


** Fundraiser

          - There will be two options for fundraising given to parents this year.  One option is fundraising through Boon Supply, which offers a variety of products.  Parents will also have the option to do an "Unfundraiser", and contribute directly to the school.  Both forms will be sent out together on October 1.

          - Tiffany and Kayla will talk to Mr. Oliver about doing something for those who do fundraiser --- many kids enjoy working on it to try and earn a prize of doing something with their principal


** Picture Day volunteers

          - All volunteer positions needed have been filled


** Box Tops

          - We will have contests and prizes again this year for those classes collecting the most.  We will do this in two phases, before Christmas and then at the end of the year.  Discussed cookie party and otter pop party for those collecting the most.  Also discussed the possibility of a little something for the teacher of the class who collected the most.

          - For this first semester, we will finish collecting box tops through 12/12, then announce the winner on 12/14

          - Samantha still willing to coordinate, but does need more volunteer helpers to collect, count, and assemble from different grades.  Five volunteers offered assistance.


** Website

          - Parents can go to our website and it has a signup sheet for helping with various things.  We are especially looking for Carnival helpers at this time!

          - Many things can be ordered via the website.  Discussed adding a fee to those using a credit card on the site, as we do receive a large amount of charges from offering this service.


** Ways to bring in money

           - Anyone who links their Fry's card to Zaharis has a portion coming right to us.  Looks like people may need to re-link their cards this year though.

           - Amazon Smile


Next meeting:  October 22 at 2:30 pm

Kayla Moncur