Carnival Meeting Minutes 10/29/2018
** Brooke requested again any and all help in the collection of donations, items, etc.
- Lyndsay and Amber will make posters asking for help on this
- Michelle mentioned that we should ask Edible Arrangements, as they have kids that attend here
- Tiffany made three tabs on the google docs sheet showing donations from businesses etc.
** Small food vendors
- Discussed cotton candy booth
- Discussed buying and selling caramel apples -- Lyndsay will email candy apples company to see if they could come out, or we could get from Costco and sell
** Vendor Booths
- Tiffany has 9 vendors already, more interested
- We will make room for as many as we can
** Silent Auction vs. Opportunity Drawing
- We want to get back a lot of money for all of the great donations from businesses already received; however, it is too late to do the silent auction (and some of those prizes were already advertised as available through opportunity drawings). We want to therefore do a BIG push on people getting opportunity drawing tickets.
- After PTO pre-sale push at parent pickup on 11/8 and 11/9, the week of carnival we will have a PTO push on selling opportunity drawing tickets at parent pickup
** Map layout for carnival
- At our next meeting on 11/5, we will meet at the conference room at 1:00, then head out to the back to get everyone on the same page as to where everything will be set up and laid out
- PTO will have two booths set up, one at the entrance to sell tickets, and one in a different location, both selling water bottles
- When we make maps to hand out at carnival, we want to include a key on it saying at what times the teacher sightings will occur and where
** Teacher Involvement
- Julie Reichert has emailed teachers asking them to claim booths to run. She will also email them to see who wants to be a part of minute-to-win-it games, line dancing, etc.
** Setup items needed
- Michelle has extension cords she will bring if we need them
- Michelle's husband has a new drill he will be donating to the school
- More lights needed - Brooke will ask teachers to inquire on newsfeeds any parents with lights to let us use -- Lyndsay will look online at buying options
- ADDENDUM - after meeting, Lyndsay let us know Mountain Bridge would allow us to use one of their lighting stands for free
- We want to have as many games as possible, volunteers are key
- Brooke will check with Kayla on how volunteer signups are going