Meeting Minutes 10/22/2018
** Treasury Report
- Made $800 so far from school spirit shirt sales (about half from selling the vintage shirts)
- Made $ 189 from Panda Express restaurant night
- Made about $469 from Frys' for the quarter
- Made about $250 from Splashback
- School pictures -- volunteers came (almost more than needed), everything ran very smoothly and efficiently
- Parent/Teacher conference dinner -- came together right at the end. Some miscommunication at first, but it ended up going very well.
- Restaurant Night -- Earned less from Panda than we did last year, need to keep getting word out about these. Stickers on students is a good way to remind parents to go. Tiffany will look into getting those.
- AZEd 101 Presentation - not very well attended. Kayla did stream it online.
- Mr. Oliver will do an all-call sent out tonight
- Decided to extend it until November 4
- Amber is making some posters. Kayla will add prizes to some of the posters.
- We feel it has been slow going as the kids were not as involved. We want to get them excited and working on it too.
- Teachers will be putting word out on their newsfeeds this week and next.
- Kayla will put something fun together for ZBC and email it in
- Reviewed where we are at and emphasized the need for help gathering donations
- That night we will have volunteers wearing glow in the dark headbands
** Holiday Event
- Kelli gave an overview of the various ways this was done in past years.
- It was decided to have a holiday shop run similarly to the book fair. PTO will man the shop, and teachers can bring students in during the week to look around. Students will have the opportunity to purchase gifts for family members during this time, as well as before and after school.
- We would really need to advertise it so kids remembered to bring in money
- Looking to have this the week of December 10-14
- Kayla will look into companies and what they sell. We want to have a nice variety of options and prices so as not to exclude anyone, but don't want to just sell junk either.
** Box Tops
- Volunteers working through what has come in
- Many Box Tops are expiring soon, need to get them turned in by this Friday
- Kayla will add a social post about Box Tops
** Celebration of Life
- There will be a Celebration of Life this Saturday 10/27 to honor the passing of a girl attending Zaharis.
- PTO will provide balloons and helium - Kayla will check on the helium and will buy the needed pink and purple balloons
- Amber and Megan will be here to volunteer and coordinate that day