Carnival Meeting Minutes 10/22/2018
** Things to be collected
- We really need people to solicit donations from local businesses
- Donations, baked desserts, and soda bottles can be brought in the week before carnival
- Rebecca Squires will make posters to put out at parent pick-up
- Lindsay is making a list of other posters needed -- will print out items for posters, then make and laminate -- will need to get approval from Nancy so teacher supply not depleted
- Amber and Lindsay have been checking on lights from last year -- about halfway through and seem good so far.
- We want to get more lighting this year. Discussed options and placement.
- Discussed moving estimation jars and/or MacDonald Orthodontics to back of vendor area to help with lighting and to draw more people in to vendor booths
- Tiffany needs to tell vendors they do NOT need canopies
- We will putting together a map so people know where to find things easier as well
- Discussed some of the items still good, or not good, from last year
- Amber and Lindsay need to come up with a list of things needed by the meeting on October 29
- Amber and Lindsay will re-do directional sign
- Discussed bringing in hay bales. Amber will coordinate getting the hay, she has a friend in Lehi who can get some, and Megan Lindley has a way to procure some as well. Both Megan and her husband will assist Amber in picking up and bringing the hay to carnival. Meridith recommended it be a variety of hay that the school tortoises can eat, and it was agreed upon to do so.
** VIP Parking
- Will work the same way as in the past
- Parents can purchase tickets to be included in a drawing with pre-sales. The VIP pass will be given out in time for them to have special access day of carnival.
- Anyone volunteering for a 2-hr block will receive a free wristband
- Those working a later shift but needing the wristband earlier will still need to arrive and check in with Kayla to receive it.
- Kayla will talk to Jeff about clean-up and where he is at on that.
- Brooke will talk to Julie Reichert about teacher staffing games, as well as the count of student teachers available to staff games, and have this information received and ready by meeting on October 29.
- Games we will be offering this year: Estimation Jars, Dessert Walk, Fishing Game, Plinko, Hole in One, Lucky Key, Lollipop Tree, Two Liter Toss, Duck Pond, Dino Dig, Velcro Game, Pipe Ball Toss, Gumball Bean Bag Toss, and Tattoos
- Kelli let us know that in years past that some years did not offer enough volunteers to staff as many games. It was decided to move forward with the current number of games and to encourage and spread the word about needed volunteers. If we find ourselves lacking, some games may be cut at a future meeting.
- Lindsay found a blank cornhole game. Michelle will talk to her husband about painting it.
- Michelle will check on drills needed for games.