In attendance: Kayla Moncur, Jennifer Higbee, Megan Lindley, Amber Jewell, Audrey Coons, Clarice Patino, Jill Benza, Carol Pace, Ashley Stowers, Gail Heden, Angela Dill, Sharon Malone, Brooke Cook, Frankie Jo Ceja, Jill Trimmer
** Kayla called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm
** Minutes read by Jennifer and minutes approved
** Kayla reviewed some of what was learned at a recent School Support Organization training meeting. One new thing happening is we will dual sign checks. This might make for a slightly longer delay in receiving them but will be done to double check all is done correctly. We will also be doing board reviews of all bank statements. In addition, whenever PTO buys something we need to fill out a form saying we are then donating it to the school.
** Treasurer Balance = $ 18,777.75. Part of this is Student Council's money that we are holding for them.
** We received a $500 donation from Central Christian Church.
** We made $105 from Papa John's for those who did restaurant night without going to Splashback.
** We have had a fantastic year with selling school spirit shirts. We have so far made $ 421.93 above the cost to make them. We still have a lot of inventory left, so Kayla will put those on the website.
** Review of Splashback. This was our first year having it on a Thursday night, but it went well and we had a good turnout. We did make all our money back on Splashback.
** Red Robin Restaurant Night brought in $ 242.58. Next restaurant night is 10/15/19.
** Daddy/Daughter Dance -
- Flyer will announce it is for daughters and any father figures
- It will be from 5:30 - 7:30 pm on 10/24/19
- Sugar & Spice theme
- They will have desserts and finger foods, photo booth, DJ
- It will be $5 pre-sale and $10 at the door, with each additional child at $2
- Clarice will send flyer info to Megan, who will make copies and distribute
- Kayla will send out a reminder about this right after October break, as well as the weekend before about pre-ordering
** Breakfast with Santa -
- It will be December 7 at 8:00 am
- There will be a Secret Santa shop - kids can bring money the day of, or parents can fill out an envelope ahead of time and pay via card so it's all done
- Prices and items can be put online ahead of time as well if any parents wish to buy something for their child.
- There will be breakfast, crafts, letters to write to Santa, meeting Santa, vendors
- Santa is booked
- We will be going through the district for food, as it is a lot cheaper.
- ABR is donating all acrylic paints and giving us ceramic ornaments at cost. They are also donating all plates and napkins.
- We will need lots of hands to help set up, Friday night and Saturday morning.
- Will be asking NHS to help with volunteers
- Kerianne Zimmerman will be handling vendors
** Tabled items revisited -
- Glockenspiels - Stacy Barraclough, traveling music teacher, requested having a set to keep here at Zaharis. She isn't in a big hurry, so it was decided to wait and see how the spring fundraiser goes and revisit the request at that time.
- Reading Intervention Materials - A new program is in place to really help kids in K-3 with reading. Teachers need specific materials to utilize this program to the fullest. This request was tabled as we looked into teacher allotments and found out more information. Teachers would not be able to spare their allotments as those were already set aside for other things. We discussed whether to buy sets of materials for all teachers or just some to start. It was determined that there is a great need here and it is critical we do what we can to help our kids learn to read. The motion was made, seconded, and passed to fund the request for all teachers in K-3. Kayla will get in touch with Diann Christensen to get this order set and moving.
** Kayla visited the Student Council to get ideas about prizes and things they would like to have happen for bringing in Box Tops. They gave quite a few ideas, from Mr. Oliver eating a cricket to extra recess time. Kayla will visit with Nancy about these ideas and pick some to continue urging students to get Box Tops. Angela volunteered to find out more information on items we can feed the kids as a prize in case that one was picked.
** Next meeting - Monday, October 21 at 6:00 pm in the library